Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

price update failing for some tickers overall...

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby pdraganiii » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:37 am

...but not individually.

when i update prices i get a window with "the following symbol/server combinations failed to update".

i look at the log file, go to the portfolio that has the investment that is failing to update, right click and choose "retrieve selected prices", and it completes successfully.

i don't see an obvious pattern. it's happening across portfolios, some old, a couple in a watchlist i just created last week.

is this a known problem? thank you
pdraganiii

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:43 am

Hi pdraganiii,

I'm not aware of any issue like this currently. Are you using the current quote module (602)? What quote server? Maybe you can post, or email me, your price retrieve log file after one of these failures.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby pdraganiii » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:27 am

While I was cleaning up some investments that were legitimately failing, in preparation for posting the log file, I discovered that once the legitimate failures were no longer updating, there was no error.

To verify, I turned internet retrieve back on for an investment with a ticker of 'AEGON N.V. 6.375% PFD' (an import no longer owned), and I got the error again. Turned it off, no error.

Let me know if that's not enough to reproduce, and I'll get you the log files. Thanks for your attention.
pdraganiii

Postby pdraganiii » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:33 am

To be clear, the error contains ticker symbols that do update successfully individually, but are listed as failing when the weird ticker symbol is enabled.
pdraganiii

Postby Mark » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:39 am

Hi pdraganiii,

Thanks for the help. I was able to reproduce this too. The problem is due to the "%" character in the symbol. We'll get this fixed in the next release.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Wed May 01, 2024 12:03 pm

Hi pdraganiii,

This issue has been resolved in the just released quote module 603. Thanks again for your help.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions