Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Reconciliation issues after upgrade

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Traveller » Sat May 18, 2024 5:25 am

Hi,
Just upgraded to FM 2024 since Yahoo no longer works. After upgrading, I now have two issues during reconciliation:

1. Reconciliation wizard is showing old equities with zero value in FM even thought they're hidden in the portfolio
Screenshot 2024-05-18 081205.jpg
Screenshot 2024-05-18 081205.jpg (62.1 KiB) Viewed 1356 times

2. Few stocks are not syncing up properly even though they have same symbol and CUSIP number. Closed and opened FM and made sure I have latest version. This is the same issue identified by JeanneMarie viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6546
Screenshot 2024-05-18 081314.jpg
Screenshot 2024-05-18 081314.jpg (31.16 KiB) Viewed 1356 times

This has never happened with previous upgrades.

thank you
Traveller

Postby Mark » Sat May 18, 2024 11:14 am

Hi Traveller,

1) If you look to the bottom/right of the list in the Reconciliation Wizard, there is an option "Hide Balanced Investments". If you check that, does it resolve the problem?

2) I investigated this a bit, and I think I found the reason for the change in behavior from versions prior to FM 2024. In prior versions, FM would look for matches based on CUSIP, and if that failed to find a match, then it would look based on Symbol. In FM 2024 we changed this slightly, so that it would only fall back to look for a symbol match if the CUSIP was empty. If there is a non-empty CUSIP, it will not look for a match based on Symbol. I've added this to our documentation here.

So, I suspect that in your case, either the FM investment has a CUSIP or the broker is providing a CUSIP, and they aren't a match. To fix this, either record the CUSIP as provided by your broker in FM, or if the broker isn't providing a CUSIP, erase the CUSIP from your investment. In the list of "Share Balances", right mouse click on the investment line in question and choose either "Investment Properties..." or "Create New Investment...". If you click on a line that represents an existing investment, you'll see "Investment Properties...". If you click on a line that represents a holding reported by the broker only, you'll see "Create New Investment...". By choosing "Create New Investment..." you can see the CUSIP value in the "New Investment" dialog box (choose "Yes" when asked if you want to create a new investment). Once you determine the CUSIP being reported by your broker, "Cancel" the "New Investment" dialog box, as you really don't want to create a new investment, since you already have one in FM. Click on the line with "Investment Properties..." and update your investment to have the same CUSIP as the broker. If the broker's CUSIP is blank, make yours the same in the FM investment. This should fix the matching problem.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Traveller » Mon May 20, 2024 1:08 pm

Thanks Mark. While doing the recommended remediation for item 2, I noticed there was a space at the end of the CUSIP. Not sure if that had any impact but everything matches now.

As for item 1, since I'm unable to go back to the previous version and determine how its behavior, I'll take your recommendation and click the checkbox.

thank you
Traveller

Return to General