Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

access code reset conditions?

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby pdraganiii » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:25 am

Hello,

I find I have to re-request access codes regularly to keep downloading transactions. Is this expected? If not, what conditions can cause this, so I can avoid it?

Thanks.
pdraganiii

Postby Mark » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:13 am

Hello pdraganiii,

No, that is not normal. You shouldn't have to keep obtaining a new access code. Do you have multiple accounts at the broker (I'm guessing Schwab, since they're the broker who uses access codes)? If so, make sure you are using the same access code in FM for all your accounts, and when you get an access code, choose all of the accounts that you want to retrieve in FM. You don't want to get an access code for each account separately, as you can only have 1 active access code, and once you get a new access code, in invalidates any old ones. Please read thisfor a few more tips on tracking multiple accounts at Schwab.

To summarize, when you get an access code, choose all accounts on the Schwab page asking which accounts to enable access for, and then copy/paste that same access code to all the other accounts in FM that you want to retrieve. Leave the account number blank initially on the other accounts, and the first time you retrieve these other accounts you can choose the account from a list presented to you.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby pdraganiii » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:24 am

Aha, portable/cloud mode looks like what I need. I just switched to keeping the files on my local synology NAS so I can access on desktop and laptop. Thanks much.
pdraganiii

Return to General