Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Problem: Downloading ADRE Price (No longer availabale)

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Good_Vibe » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:08 pm

Hi, Mark:
Many years ago, we owned shares of Invesco BLDRS Emerging Markets 50 ADR (ticker ADRE) so they were in our Fund Manager. We sold ADRE before it was shut down. After February 16, 2024 prices for ADRE are no longer available.

Just recently (maybe the last three weeks), I am getting an error (Unable to retrieve price) for ADRE. So I intentionally the deleted ADRE.dat and can no longer find any reference to ADRE in our portfolio in Fund Manager. Now that ADRE.dat is gone, I get an error message ". . . \QP_IRA_ADRE.dat specified in the portfolio could not be found." Rest assured, I have a backup copy of QP_IRA_ADRE.dat, so can recover it easily. But that does not solve the error about being unable to retrieve price for ADRE.

I turned on a portfolio listing in FM with ALL investments that have been completely liquidated and there is NO trace of ADRE.

So how can I get FM to stop trying to get a current price for ADRE?

Hope you can help, the regular error message is a pain.
Thanks, Good_Vibe
Good_Vibe

Postby Mark » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:21 pm

Hi Good_Vibe,

Did you delete a data file from your hard drive, or first close it in FM? It isn't a good idea to delete files out from under FM. Also, if you deleted ADRE.dat, why is it missing a different filename QP_IRA_ADRE.dat?

The way you want to handle this situation normally is to do everything within FM. Right mouse click on your ADRE investment, and choose "Properties... / Internet Retrieve" and turn off "Retrieve Price". You can also "hide" it under the "General" tab. You generally want to just hide and turn off price retrieval for things you don't track anymore. If you really want to get rid of it, you can "close" it, but that removes it completely, including from your history. We have a tutorial on hiding investments that might help.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Good_Vibe » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Hi, Mark:
My typing "short cut" created confusion. The actual data file name is QP_IRA_ADRE.dat (not just Adre.dat). My apologies. I set up ADRE in FM intending to purchase same; later decided not to purchase any ADRE. The changes to FM were done some time ago, but I think I deleted ADRE from FM before deleting QP_IRA_ADRE.dat. The confusing part is that I received no error messages regarding ADRE price retrieval until that ETF was delisted.

With my current FM, I am unable to find any reference to ADRE (so I can't right mouse click on an ADRE investment). Since I did not ever own any ADRE I, of course, do not want to track it even if it happened to still be listed. Have been able to turn off "Retrieve Price" so the error that was annoying me is gone.

Thanks for you kind assistance. Good_Vibe
Good_Vibe

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:08 pm

Hi Good_Vibe,

So, are you all set now? In general, if you get a warning about a symbol that can't update, you can open up "Help / Logs / Price Retrieve..." and it will show you the full sub-portfolio hierarchy of where that investment is located, so you can easily find it to change the symbol/server, or turn off price retrieve.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Good_Vibe » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:49 am

Hi, Mark,
Yes, all set for price retrieve. By the way, I had done the “Help / Price Retrieve …” and it claimed that there was no entry for ADRE. At any rate, appreciate your help and consider the problem resolved.
Thanks, Good_Vibe
Good_Vibe

Return to General