Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Manual reconciliation dates not saving

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby spock » Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:25 am

I use manual statement reconciliation for a couple of accounts, and at some point I noticed that fund manager stopped keeping track of the last reconciliation date even though I do this every month. For all of my sub-portfolios it says "date last reconciled: never". It also does not warn me about modifying old reconciled transactions.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or something else might be happening that is resetting this date. What might I want to look into?

Fund Manager shows the last reconciled date immediately after I reconcile, even if I close out the program and reopen. However, there seems to be some point at which it goes back to "never"
spock

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:43 am

Hi spock,

The date of last reconciliation is stored in your portfolio file (*.mm4). Are you maybe somehow opening a different portfolio file. Since it saves and recalls okay, it would be interesting to notice exactly when it is reverting to "never" for reconciled status. Maybe you can watch it, and see if you notice when it reverts. Also, make sure you're opening the exact same *.mm4 portfolio file. See the "Filename" in the "Portfolio Properties" dialog box.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby spock » Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:06 am

Mark wrote:Hi spock,

The date of last reconciliation is stored in your portfolio file (*.mm4). Are you maybe somehow opening a different portfolio file. Since it saves and recalls okay, it would be interesting to notice exactly when it is reverting to "never" for reconciled status. Maybe you can watch it, and see if you notice when it reverts. Also, make sure you're opening the exact same *.mm4 portfolio file. See the "Filename" in the "Portfolio Properties" dialog box.

I'll try to make some better notes about what might be happening. I am sure it's the same mm4 file. I reconcile these accounts every month and I just realized that the most recent time it happened to just one of the sub-portfolios, while the others retained their last reconciliation date (despite that they were all definitely previously reconciled). Since the date was shown for some of the sub-portfolios,I don't think it was an issue of the wrong portfolio file.

However, I realize I haven't given you much to go on! I'll try to pay attention and see if there's any action I'm taking that seems to be resetting it.
spock

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:25 am

Hi spock,

Sounds good, let me know... One thing that will cause a reset to the reconciliation date is if you override the warning, and modify any transaction on/before the reconciliation date.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General