Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Problem emailing reports after upgrade to advisor 2024

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby Cole » Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:52 am

Hi Mark,

I upgraded to the 2024 advisor version a few days ago. Since that upgrade, I've have been unable to email any reports to clients. I use Outlook. My Outlook email is working just fine. I generate reports on Fundmanager just fine. However, I'm unable to email the report. Emailing reports was working when I was using the previous advisor version.

Any suggestions I could do to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cole
Cole

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:53 pm

Hi Cole,

Do you have a 32 bit version of Outlook installed? What happens when you try to email?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Cole » Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:41 am

32 bit. Nothing happens. The blue circle continues to show. I then have to shut down Fundmanager and reopen it.
Cole

Postby Mark » Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:00 pm

Hi Cole,

Please use "regedit" to verify MAPI is enabled by browsing here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem

and verify you have a string value named MAPI set to a value of 1. If necessary, add it using regedit.

The above normally should be set up by your email client, but it sounds like it may be missing this value in the registry.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Cole » Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:02 pm

Hi Mark,

I verified using regedit in the subsection you listed below, the sting value named MAPI is set was already set to 1.

I'm still not able to email reports directly from Fundmanager after upgrading to the 2024 advisor version.

Not sure what change could have happened that cause this. I was able to email reports using the previous advisor version.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks,

Cole
Cole

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:20 pm

Hi Cole,

I’m not sure. Nothing I know of has changed in FM related to this. What version of Outlook are you using? What version of FM was working before? If you test with the old FM version again, is it still working? To test this please first make a backup of your data with the current version. You likely won’t be able to open your data with the older version, but you can just use the sample data to do a quick test.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Cole » Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:53 pm

Hi Mark,

I uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook, no luck. Same results and I can't send reports. My subscription to Microsoft is updated, outlook is updated (Version 2407).

How would I be able to test sending reports on Outlook using my previous advisor version (2016) of Fundmanager? I had no issues using that version before the upgrade?

Thanks,

Cole
Cole

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 06, 2024 1:25 pm

Hi Cole,

To test with the prior version of FM, you can first of all make a backup of your data with FM 2024. Use "File / Backup...". Then, install FM 2016, and maybe just test with some of the sample data, as you won't be able to open your FM 2024 saved data with FM 2016. If you need a copy of FM 2016 Advisor, please let me know, and I can email that to you.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Cole » Wed Aug 07, 2024 5:13 pm

Hi Mark,

Yes, can you please email the previous version of fundmanager I was using so I can try it out.

<email redacted>

Just to confirm, I'll back up all my data first, then install the old version to test it out. After I'm done, do I then reinstall the 2024 advisor version?

Thanks,

Cole
Cole

Postby Mark » Wed Aug 07, 2024 5:19 pm

Hi Cole,

I've just now sent you an email with the link to the old version. Yes, you have it correct. Backup your data using FM 2024. Install 2016, and do the test using sample data. Reinstall FM 2024. You shouldn't even need to restore your data.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports