Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

How to set the correct dates in two reports

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby osinv » Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:14 pm

Hi Mark,

I have two custom reports always open in two windows on my screen:

1. YTD Portfolio Performance (YTD)
2. Yesterday Portfolio Performance (Yesterday)

In report preferences, the YTD requires that the end date floats to the current date and that the starting date remains as Jan 1st.

The Yesterday report requires that the end date floats to yesterday and the start date is relative to end (also yesterday).

But when I change the preferences for one of the reports, then it changes the other one too and I have to change the dates manually each day. Is there a way to have separate preferences for each report?

Thanks.
osinv

Postby Mark » Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:41 am

Hi osinv,

For reports stored/recalled by the portfolio file, there are only one set of options. However, if you used memorized reports, you can store these floating options on a per-report basis. So, after opening FM you would have to recall at least one of the memorized reports to get your 2 reports. It still would require one manual operation (recalling a memorized report), but maybe this is easier than changing the report date of your portfolio recalled report?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby osinv » Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:47 am

Thank you, Mark.
osinv

Postby osinv » Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:55 pm

I am sorry Mark, I thought I got it right now but I didn't. I have now memorized both custom reports but since one of them floats the end date to the current date and the other one floats the end date to yesterday, and according to the report preferences/other window I have to set the floating date for all memorized reports to either the current date or yesterday, one of the reports gets the date always wrong. What would the correct settings?

Thank you again.
osinv

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:08 am

Hi osinv,

Yes, sorry, I didn't notice that, but yeah, you can't have 2 different end float dates. So, you can't have 1 memorized report recall with today as an end date and a different memorized report recall with yesterday as the end date. The only independent option is whether the start/end dates float or not, but if the end is set to float, they all float to the same end date preference.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports