Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Getting started - Watchlists and Alerts

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Bsrr » Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:26 am

Hi Mark - perhaps you can get me started as I am struggling to find what I need in the Forum and in the Documentation:
1. Creating Watchlists - appears you create a Portfolio, add the investments you want to watch. And then use FM features as needed for the Watchlist. Is this correct?
2. Alerts - once you create an Alert or Alerts for various investments is there a way to Report on all the Alerts you have set up? And/or to edit your Alerts.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Bsrr

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 19, 2024 9:13 am

Hi Bsrr,

1) Yes, this is correct. It is usually best to set up a sub-portfolio, separate from your holdings, something like this:

Code: Select all
- Master Portfolio
  - My Holdings
    - Account 1
    - Account 2
  - My Watchlist

2) Yes. See the "Investment Transactions" report and the Data Register. The Investment Transaction report can list all your alerts, and you can show completed, active, and/or expired alerts. When creating this report, click on the "Filter" button to choose which alerts you want to see. You might also want to turn off all the other transaction types if you only want to focus on the alerts.

In the Data Register you can view/edit your alerts. In the dropdown for "Data Type", choose "Alerts" at the bottom. You can then see all the alerts for that investment, and add/edit/delete from here.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Bsrr » Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:56 pm

Perfect - thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Bsrr

Return to Prices and Transactions