Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Wrong Date in Cash Account for Paste Special Today

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby tktf » Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:47 am

Hi Mark,

I started using the Paste Special - Today menu option today and ran into a problem. I pasted a transaction and then adjusted the amount (it was slightly different this month but I wanted the same memo so I figured this would save a little time). After I changed the amount I noticed that the cash account total was incorrect.

Looking into the data register, I found that a second "purchase" transaction had been created for the new amount. The first transaction (with a memo prefixed by "(Pasted)" was on the date of the original transaction - i.e. the one I copied). The second transaction (with today's date) had no prefix. I'm guessing that the original (pasted) transaction was not updated because it was for a different date. Unless you did what I did (make a change after pasting the copy) you would not notice this problem.

Also, I have a question about whether it is possible to have a default for the "make entry in default cash account" option of the optional dialog that comes up when you do a transaction paste. Certainly, for my use-case as it now stands - I must use this dialog because I can't see a way to have the cash account entry created without it. So I have to repeatedly ask for the cash account entry to be made.

Regards,
Steven D.
tktf

Postby Mark » Thu Aug 15, 2024 4:03 pm

Hi Steven,

Thanks for pointing this out. I see the same problem when pasting distributions to today. We'll get this fixed for the next release.

Currently, the "Record Corresponding Entries in Default Cash Account" option always defaults off in the "Paste Prices/Transactions" dialog. We'll see about improving this, so it remembers your preference, and defaults to whatever you had it set to the last time you used this dialog.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions