Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Historical Prices

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Djobydjoba » Sun Sep 15, 2024 2:51 am

Same issue here too...

huge log file

The detailed log file was so huge too that I couldn't open it with any program...
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:02 pm

The detailed log file captures everything, so this can happen on very large retrieves. It will be overwritten on the next price retrieve, or you can turn off detailed logging at:

Options / Internet Settings... / Advanced Options... / Enable Detailed Communication Log
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Allan » Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:57 pm

Thanks Mark,
I am abandoning Yahoo Historical for the time being - retrieve is far too slow even without the splits.

I have set up the automated End-of-Day retrieve using the Yahoo Server which has tested out well. I will be able to keep using Stockwatch Historical Canadian Mutual Funds server using the alternate symbol for historical prices upload. I retrieve dividends directly from my broker account.

I have a subscription service and, for when I am away, I am able to automate the retrieval of the daily End-of-Day historical data, though it does require some manipulation to upload into Fund Manager. They have an API which I am going to look into.
Allan

Postby B2B_Investing » Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:14 am

Hi Mark,

Looking at the Intlog_debug.txt when calling Yahoo Historical I am noticing there is a lot of UI / graphical rendering. Maybe yahoo changed the arguments in the GET command?

Jason
B2B_Investing

Postby B2B_Investing » Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:22 am

To those in the group using automatic price retrieves to real-time servers, what time range (To / From) are you using in the Automatic Retrieve Frequency window to ensure you retrieve the mutual funds NAV for that day? 6pm? 7pm? later?

Jason
B2B_Investing

Postby Allan » Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:35 am

The Canadian MF servers are pretty much next day well after the open. I have a US subscription service and their End of Day mutual fund prices are available by 3am.
Allan

Postby B2B_Investing » Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:49 pm

Thanks Allen. If folks are not using the plain Yahoo server for equities on US exchanges and MF, what servers make a good alternative instead of Yahoo Historical assuming a strategy of automatic retrieve? Maybe we are getting to the end of free quote servers?
B2B_Investing

Previous

Return to General