Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Download Dividends

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Ivan » Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:22 pm

I just noticed that Yahoo no longer allows me to download historical dividends on an ETF. I am guessing that now requires a premium membership. Any suggestions as to where to download historical dividends for import into Fund Manager?

Thanks,
Ivan
Ivan

Postby Mark » Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:47 am

Hi Ivan,

If available, they should still download in Fund Manager. Have you looked with a web browser to see if the ETF in question is showing dividends on Yahoo's website? If they're showing on Yahoo's site, and you're not able to retrieve them, please give me an example ticker symbol and date of a dividend, and I'll take a look.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Ivan » Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:09 am

Thanks for the reply Mark,

The symbol I am looking at is JPST. I can see the chart of dividends, but what is no longer available is the ability to download a range of dates (see attached screenshot). The download icon has been replaced with a padlock and clicking it brings up a screen to purchase a premium Yahoo membership. If nothing else works I can probably scrape the data displayed on Yahoo's screen and massage it into a format that can be imported in Fund Manager, but that would be a good deal of work so any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Ivan
Attachments
YahooFinance.jpg
YahooFinance.jpg (100.3 KiB) Viewed 60 times
Ivan

Postby Mark » Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:25 am

Hi Ivan,

Yes, downloading via web browser in a CSV format from Yahoo is now a premium membership. The Professional/Advisor versions of FM can still download this data with the "Yahoo (Historical)" quote server.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General